Learn to Fly Program Overview:
- Unsecured Loans range $5,000-$30,000
- Interest rates are about 7.99%-9.99%
- Applicant and co-signer must be US citizen/Permanent Resident
- Line of credit loan – only make payments and interest based on the amount you use, not the amount you are approved for
- 72 month term – payments start once a balance is pulled from the line of credit
- No pre-payment penalties
- Can be used for any flight training and school
- Student pays school directly
Applications can be submitted online here and decisions are typically made within 24 hours.
- AFFORDABLE! You won’t have to come up with a fortune to begin training. You won’t watch your credit card balance climb after each lesson. You won’t have to consider dropping out because the costs are building up.
- EASY! There is no red tape required to process an application. Flight training financing is all we do, so we have streamlined each step. You just apply, sign and fly!
- FLEXIBLE! Pilot Finance has created a number of programs to fit your exact needs. Check out the chart to find the plan that works best for you.
- NO SURPRISES! Pilot Finance lets you earn the certificate or advanced rating you want, with no financial shocks along the way. Everything is clearly spelled out up front.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PILOT FINANCE:
- You can apply online at www.pilotfinance.com
- Call them on (800) 667-0201
- Ask your flight school manager for an application form.
Since our founding in 1938, Wings Financial Credit Union has focused on giving flight to its members’ financial dreams through exceptional service and financial value.
Chartered by seven Northwest Airlines employees, our founders recognized the value of a cooperative financial institution where members help each other succeed financially. In the cooperative spirit, Wings is a not-for-profit financial institution where members are also owners. All earnings are reinvested in the credit union in the form of higher savings yields, lower loan rates, and fewer and lower fees, as well as in-person, mobile and online service options.
Today, Wings gives flight to over 210,000 members’ dreams worldwide. Eligibility to join Wings has grown over the years to include those who live or work in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, the Seattle-Tacoma metro area, the U.S. aviation industry, and those who become members of the Wings Financial Foundation.
Visit our website here.
Q: How quickly will I hear back from the lender in terms of a decision?
A: You should receive a decision within 1 business day.
Q: What documents will I need to complete the loan process?
A: Before you get started here’s a list of things you will need to complete the application process:
- Complete street address, phone number and email address
- Social Security Number
- Copy of valid ID and proof of income (paystub, W-2 or signed tax returns)
Q: Is there a maximum amount I can borrow?
A: Yes, the maximum loan amount is $100,000.
Q: Do you have to be an AOPA member to apply?
A: Yes, you must be a member to apply. Please click here or call Member Services at 1-800-872-2672 to sign up or renew today. Mention you are applying for a Flexible Aviation loan and you will be eligible for a discount.
Q: How will I receive the money?
A: This will be worked out with the lender during the closing process, you have two options. An account will be created, and then you may request a:
- Check or;
- Debit card and/or checking